Last updated: 10 May 2011
Information we collect and how we use it
Participation in the EnergySec Information Sharing forum requires registration and validation of identity. We collect the following information from you as part of the registration process:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Organizational Affiliation
- Account Password
In addition to the above required information, you may opt to provide additional personally-identifying information.
When you access EnergySec services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Access of information within the information sharing portal is also logged.
When you send email or other communications to EnergySec, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you post information on the information sharing portal, we will also retain that information and provide it to others who have access to the same portal sections.
When you select non-attributable communication, please note that this is NOT equivalent to anonymous communication. Nonattributable communication masks the original source for other users only. EnergySec and the information sharing portal administrators have access to the authenticated source of the information and may disclose it if required by law or regulation as described in “Information Sharing”, below.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
EnergySec processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as regulatory or law enforcement agencies.
EnergySec only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of EnergySec in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of EnergySec, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
- We may share with third parties personally-identifiable information for the purposes of providing announcements or notifications to you. Such announcements may be related to upcoming events, alerts, or other information specific to your participation in EnergySec. We will retain ownership of all data supplied to any third parties under contract.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use EnergySec services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
8440 SE Sunnybrook Blvd, Suite 206
Clackamas, OR 97015