14th Annual Security
& Compliance Summit
& Compliance Summit
Join us at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA!
August 27-29, 2018
Last year’s annual Summit was a huge success and we are excited to be at it again in 2018. We are excited about returning to the Disney Resort in Anaheim! We are pleased to be the premier security conference for critical infrastructure and one of the longest running events in the nation.
One of the Summit’s greatest strengths is the vast array of talented speakers coming from destinations around the globe. They bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the event and they all share a passion for discussing topics that educate, enlighten and are relevant to the needs of our industry.
The 14th annual EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit will take place at the Disneyland Hotel from August 27-29, 2018.
Earlybird registration (use code: EARLYBIRD for $150 discount) is now open!. Hotel Registration is open today (hurry…these rooms go fast!). We have secured a special room rate of $219/night at the famous Disneyland Hotel. This is an amazing opportunity to bring the family and extended the summit to include some vacation time!
Who should attend?
- Chief technology officers (CTO)
- Chief security officers (CSO)
- Chief information officers (CIO)
- Department of Homeland Security personnel
- Department of Energy personnel
- General Managers (municipal, coops, power plants, etc)
- Compliance managers
- Regulatory specialist
- Operations managers
- IT & security architects
- Cyber risk managers
- Security analysts
- Program and Project managers
Register Today! Use code EARLYBIRD for a $150 discount on a Full Conference Pass.
Planning has begun for this year’s EnergySec Summit and we are pleased to open the Call for Speakers for this event. We are seeking up to 60 speakers, panelists, and moderators to fill up to 27 hours of educational and information sharing time across three days. Opportunities exist for plenary session panels and presentations on days 2 and 3, plus “Birds of a Feather” breakout sessions on day 1.
We are looking for knowledgeable people who can passionately and effectively share their subject matter expertise, real life experiences, solutions, and concerns with attendees of our 14th Annual Security & Compliance Summit, August 27-29, 2018, at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA.
Speaking Proposals should be emailed to: email@example.com no later than April 30, 2018. Final selections will be made by May 15, 2018.
Please include the following information in your submission:
- Full Name
- Speaker name (if different than submitter)
- Email Address
- Job Title
- Short Biography
- Topic or Panel of interest
- Title and Abstract for presentation (if applicable)
- Time allotment desired (if applicable)
Speaking opportunities exist in three general categories as listed below:
Panel Discussions (Days 1-3)
A moderator along with 3 panelists will examine and discuss an issue related to security or compliance in the energy sector. Panel topics will be determined as part of this Call for Speakers. Submitters may propose a complete panel package (topic, moderator, and panelists), a panel topic only, or simply request placement on an appropriate panel based on their background and experience.
Possible panel topics include:
- Risk Management: How are entities prioritizing security projects and expenditures to ensure the proper focus and level of security across the enterprise?
- Emerging Risks: What new threats, vulnerabilities, or technologies should utilities be considering with respect to security?
- Et Tu, ERO?: What good things, surprises, or challenges from the ERO are impacting utilities?
- Cloud: It’s not just for rainy days anymore. How are entities addressing the proliferation of cloud-based technologies? Adopt, Analyze, Avoid?
- Supply Chain: From compliance and beyond, what are the emerging best practices for supply chain issues?
- ICS Security: The venture capitalists have spoken. ICS security companies now offer a plethora of products for securing industrial control environments. What types of technologies are being adopted and in what scenarios? (Note: This will be product neutral)
- Informing Security Operations: Information Sharing, Threat Intelligence, Automated Indicator Sharing, STIX, TAXI, and other buzzwords. The Why, Where, What, Who, When, and How of generating, sharing, receiving, and consuming operational intelligence for today’s cybersecurity teams.
- Technology to the Rescue: Automation can save the day but it also can make things much worse. What new technologies in the ICS environments are helping or hindering improved security?
Plenary Session Presentations (Days 2-3)
We have several 30-minute speaking opportunities available for presentations related to security or compliance in the energy sector. We welcome submittals from any interested party, but note that presentations designed primarily to promote a company’s services, capabilities, or products will not be approved via the Call for Speakers. However, a limited number of sponsored speaking slots are available.
We are open to a broad range of topics, but are particularly interested in the following areas:
- New technologies and techniques for cybersecurity offense or defense
- What Works? Case studies on security and compliance
- Lessons Learned: What NOT to do and why
- Working Together: Case studies on collaboration within industry and government
- Security Operations: Case studies related to network and systems monitoring, incident response, forensics, threat hunting, and information sharing
- Security Intelligence: The When, Where, Who, and How of obtaining, using, and sharing threat intelligence.
- Solutions from the Oil & Gas sector
Birds of a Feather Sessions (Day 1)
Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions are intended for staff and leadership from energy sector asset-owning organizations to meet with their peers to exchange ideas, discuss issues, and identify solutions. Attendance is restricted to individuals in appropriate roles at qualifying organizations. Qualifying organizations include North American electric and gas utilities, power generators, RTOs, ISOs, pipeline operators, energy exploration and production companies, and related trade organizations.
BoF presentations will generally be restricted to individuals meeting the qualifying criteria for attendance at the BoF at which they propose to speak, and invited presentations from EnergySec members and partners. Presentation of the following types are desired:
- Lightning Talks (15 minutes)
Short discussions of tips and tricks, lessons learned, or ideas
- Presentations (30 or 45 minutes)
More detailed discussions on relevant topics in any of the four categories listed below
- Workshops (60-90 minutes)
Facilitated, interactive discussions on problems, challenges, or proposed solutions
- Panels (60-90 minutes)
Moderated panel discussions on relevant topics
The audience for BoF sessions will be no more than forty peers in the following areas:
- Security Leadership
CIOs, CISOs, CSOs, Security Directors and Security Managers
- Security Operations
Security staff and management working in operational areas that include responsibility for one or more of the following: security logging and monitoring, threat hunting, incident response and investigations, access management, patch management, malware analysis, and similar fields.
- Security Architecture
Security staff and management responsible for policy or architectural decisions related to security, including the security review of technology projects, specification of security standards or specific solutions, design of security controls for systems and networks, and related topics.
Utility staff with responsibilities related to compliance with security standards, including NERC CIP, NEI-08-09, and other FERC and/or state requirements.
Numerous sponsorship opportunities exist for this event, including a large exhibit hall. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
|Sponsorship Item||Reg. Price||Member Price||# available (remaining)|
|Platinum Sponsor||$19,500||$15,600||2 (0) – Sold Out|
|Gold Sponsor||$15,500||$12,400||2 (1)|
|Silver Sponsor||$12,500||$10,000||5 (4)|
|Bronze Sponsor||$5,500||$4,400||5 (5)|
|10×10 Expo Space (non-bundled)||$2,900||N/A||11 (11)|
1150 West Magic Way | Anaheim, CA | 92802 | Phone: (714) 778-6600
Disneyland Hotel is the perfect spot to have a summit! The meeting rooms are spacious, the exhibitor space is outstanding, the food amazing and the atmosphere is unmatched. Look for the conference rooms near the pool area next to Goofy’s kitchen. Most activities are held up stairs – just follow the signs and you will find our smiling faces at the registration desk.