Why join EnergySec?
Being a member of EnergySec goes far beyond a defined benefits package. EnergySec is working to find non-regulatory solutions to the cybersecurity challenges we all face. It provides us the financial means to be self-sustained so we can build out efforts like the workforce development projects, security guidance documents and on-going affordable cybersecurity awareness and professional education specific to the sector.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization we rely on your continued support. We encourage you to become a member of this grassroots educational security organization to help it reach its full potential.
Reasons to join:
- Focal point to bring together domestic and international energy sector cybersecurity expertise from the utility asset owners, product and service vendors, academic and research institutions and government agencies
- Associate with people who have vision, purpose and desire to share knowledge, capabilities and enhance the security of the power grid
- Gain valuable lessons learned from people who have industry-specific cybersecurity problem-solving experience
- Have access to unparalleled energy sector information resources including cybersecurity guidance documents
- Opportunity to be part of the industry’s leading voice for cybersecurity in the energy sector
- Learn with webinars and regional events that focus on the hottest topics and provide the latest developments in cybersecurity
- Obtain independent, unbiased insight and analysis into the legislative and regulatory issues impacting cybersecurity in the energy sector demographics
You may click here to request a 30-day trial subscription to our weekly newsletter. The newsletter is released every Friday. In addition, you will also receive the EnergySec NERC CIP Newsletter, which is published 2-3 times per month.
Industry Member — Any entity directly engaged in the development, sale, generation, transmission or distribution of energy within the electric sector. Such as: utilities, generators, independent power producers, power marketers, distribution companies, municipalities, and cooperatives.Industry Membership Application
Commercial Member — Any entity considered to be a vendor, integrator, consultant or provider of products and services related to energy generation, transmission, distribution, or security for the electric sector.Commercial Membership Application
Industry Member Benefits
- NERC CIP V5 formal published guidance: In cooperation with industry and our extensive network of advisors, EnergySec staff will be developing and publishing detailed guidance on various CIP version 5 topics. Published versions of all guidance will be available to members only.
- Weekly Update: Email newsletter containing updates on cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities, emerging practices, policy, legislation, and regulation
- CIP Newsletter: A semi-monthly email newsletter containing updates and analysis on CIP-related events, guidance, and published violations.
- Special member pricing on professional education, events, and services: Members received discounted pricing on EnergySec professional education, events, certain advisory services and other products.
- Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO): EnergySec operates an ISAO which supports our members’ security operations:
- Organizational Watch Service: Our custom technology monitors various non-public and open-source data sources for signs of malicious activity relating to our members. This includes IP addresses, domain names, and keywords.
- ThreatConnect Community: EnergySec operates a private threat sharing community of the ThreatConnect platform for the use of our members.
- Use of the EnergySec Utility Member Logo
- Membership is organization-wide with no restrictions on the number of participants from each member organization and member classification
- Priority access and direct relationship to EnergySec staff and peer members to enhance crowdsourcing of security situational awareness, benchmarking and best practices
- Security Leadership Forum (SLF): The SLF is a private forum of senior security leadership at EnergySec member utilities. Regular in-person meetings occur to enable discussions on common issues and solutions.
Commercial Member Benefits
- Receive recognition as an industry leader in security through the use of the EnergySec vendor member logo, and listing on EnergySec website and membership materials.
- Eligibility to partner with EnergySec on projects and initiatives that improve the security posture of industry.
- Special vendor member pricing (typically 20% off) on partnered webinars, event sponsorships, and other promotional opportunities.
- Weekly Newsletter containing updates on cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities, emerging practices, policy, legislation, and regulation
- Membership is organization-wide with no restrictions on the number of participants from each vendor member organization
- Priority access to EnergySec staff.
Each membership classification has a specific dues structure. See the tables below for all respective fees.
Annual Revenue Membership Fee
< $500M $2500
$500M – $1B $3200
> $1B $4800
Annual Revenue Membership Fee
< $25M $1195
$25M – $250M $4995
$250M – $1B $9995
> $1B $19995
A membership term is for one year. Full term details are documented in the Application Form.